We all know how hard finding a new job can be, and that’s why we want to give you some tips for your job search process and even more, when you get an interview.
It’s true that you can’t make the perfect opportunity appear but there is much you can do to have the expected result, and I am here to give you some essential tips about this matter.
If you are looking for a new job, you must focus on what you can control: yourself. And you are the only one responsible for everything you do during your job search. It can be frustrating sometimes, but if you are patient enough, the result will be better than expected. Here are some tips to help you out a lot more:
DOs of job searching
- DO make the most of technology and social media tools. Improve your LinkedIn connections.
- DO use all the job search engines available.
- DO prepare a customised cover letter to each position you are applying for.
- DO dress appropriately for every interview you get.
- DO prepare your interview with the most common questions and the most accurate answers.
- DO send a ‘Thank you’ note after the interview. It will set you in a different place on the interviewer’s eye!
DON’Ts of job searching
- DON’T search for a new position in your current job, you may lose your current position.
- DON’T limit your job search. Keep an open mind. You may find something amazing and be
- DON’T contradict yourself during an interview. Be consistent in your answers.
- DON’T talk bad about your former/current That is never a smart idea.
- DON’T act desperate. They must see you want the job because you are qualified, not because your finances are bad.
Identify at least five prospective employers who hire job-seekers with your skills, even at foreign locations. Talking with family and friends can be helpful too, as well as expanding your networks.
If you feel you need additional orientation, you can always schedule a meeting with a career expert to reach out a wide variety of job options they manage. It will be helpful to improve your job-searching skills and your resume.
There are some questions that every recruiter includes in the process, so you better be prepared for these before facing the interview:
Common interview questions
- Tell me about yourself.
- Why are you interested in working for us?
- Why should we hire you?
- What are your strengths?
- What are your weaknesses?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 to 10 years’ time?
- Tell me about an accomplishment you are proud of.
- Describe a situation in which you solved a problem.
- Describe a situation in which you led/worked in a team.
- Do you have any questions?
- What can you bring to the company?
- Why is there a gap in your work history?
- What challenges are you looking for in a position?
- What’s your dream job?
- What motivates you?
- Describe your character in 30 words.
- What are your salary expectations?
Finally, the most important tip is to never give up! Have a clear idea of what you want and the job you deserve, prepare yourself and be patient, the right opportunity will come for sure!
Crowdfunding your job-search is a great idea that can help you with not only the cost of your transport to attend an interview, but also the cost of a training course, or your clothes and shoes… BackThisJob.com is the right solution to easily crowdfund your job-search online. It is unique because that job-search matters to YOU. Find out more…